Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
Central California Workforce Training is a one-stop for employers to connect with regional community colleges to source fee based customized (contract education) training.
California Community Colleges focus on building human, financial, and economic capacity of the region's employers. There are currently 14 California Community Colleges in the Central Region of California with dedicated training units to serve business and industry partners. Workforce training utilizes lecture, activity, and hands-on instructional formats to encourage a "learning-by-experience" methodology that has proven successful with adult learners.
Dream It Do It (DIDI) is an initiative/network created and managed by the Manufacturing Institute designed to inspire youth to consider a career in manufacturing. Designed in 2005, DIDI addresses the need to change the perception that manufacturing is not a viable profession.
In 2016, the Alliance purchased a licence to market DIDI in the eight county region from Kern to San Joaquin (the first license in California, Oregon and Washington).
- Sam Geil, Chair
- Becky Barabe, SCCCD, Fresno City College
- Kristen Borosky, Fresno Unified School District
- Sally Fowler, Fresno Unified School District
- Lori Morton, Fresno County Office of Education
- Sheryl Sisil, Madera Unified School District
- Rick Watson, Center for Advanced Research & Technology
- Kristie Wiens, Clovis Unified School District
Objective: Build a three-year roll out strategy in the San Joaquin Valley (Kern to San Joaquin) and determine the DIDI Leadership Team. The steering committee will be disbanded once the above objective is accomplished.
Core Skills for the Warehouse/Distribution Center + OSHA 10 Certification + CPR/First Aid
A training program for frontline product handling employees!
This training is ideal for:
- Factory, warehouse and distribution center employees
- Individuals wanting to advance their career or become a lead or supervisor
- Anyone working in a warehouse wanting to increase their knowledge and become certified
About the training:
- This is a blended learning program whereby there will be a combination of classroom instruction, computer-based learning in a computer lab, and computer-based learning on your own time.
- Successful completers will earn certification through the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC), OSHA and Medic First Air. Certificates will be issued.
- This training is utilized by highly successful companies across the country including Amazon, Harley-Davidson, Walmart and many more; as well as by the US Armed Services and the Pentagon.
Space is limited! Register early as there are only 18 spaces for this class
Mon/Wed Feb. 22, 27, March 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29, Apr 3 & 5, 2017 | 6pm-9pm | Cost: $995
Location: Herndon Campus, SCCCD, 390 W. Fir Ave, Clovis, CA (near Peach & Herndon)
Note: This is a professional development program that is not for college credit
Call to register or to learn more: (559) 324-6461
During the week of October 3, 2016, local high school students, studying in the CTE areas, toured local manufacturing companies.
Tooling U-SME works to build high performers who help their companies drive quality, productivity, innovation, and employee satisfaction. Tooling U-SME works with Fortune 500 manufacturing companies and educational institutions across the country to help prepare the next generation of workforce by providing industry-driven curriculum.